Attachment Image

Monika Rygasiewicz-Rurka

MANAGING PARTNER

monika@monevie.pl

+48 506 640 740

16th century palace for sale

We present to you an absolute gem for sale - the New Manor in Kowary.

Nowy Dwór in Kowary - a 16th-century manor house located north of the centre of Kowary, close to the town's ring road.
The building bears features of late Renaissance architecture with neo-Gothic, neo-Renaissance elements. The two-winged manor house has an L-shaped ground plan. A 4-storey tower adjoins the shorter wing. The body of the manor house is fragmented, with 2- or 3-storey wings covered by high roofs with decorative gables. The Renaissance vaults and fascia window frames, Neo-Renaissance beamed ceilings, and decoration of annexes in English Gothic style have been preserved.
The New Manor in Kowary was built in 1570 by Caspar Schaffgotsch for his son. The estate remained in the hands of the Schaffgotsch family until the Thirty Years' War. When Count Hans Ulrich von Schaffgotsch fell into disfavour with the Emperor and was executed, the family was deprived of the entire estate. The manor was passed on to Count Prokop Czernin von Chudenitz in 1634. His son Hans Humprecht had the manor extended after a fire in the second half of the 17th century. His widow was persuaded by Friedrich Wilhelm II in 1741 to sell the palace, so that it could later be handed over to the town of Kowary. The town council then sold it to the Kopisch family in 1823. In 1827, the estate was bought by Heinrich LXXIV von Reuss. His descendants rebuilt the building many times giving it its present appearance. In 1913, further modernisation work was carried out on the initiative of Feodora von Reuss, née Duchess Sachsen-Meiningen - the porphyria-stricken great-granddaughter of the British Queen Victoria (1819-1901) and granddaughter of the German Emperor Friedrich III Hohenzollern (1831-1888)[1] - to locate a lazarette here. In the hands of the Reuss family, the manor remained until the end of the Second World War, after which it was used as a holiday home and later as the Nuclear Energy Institute. After the fall of the People's Republic of Poland, it became private property.
The palace was renovated in the 1990s and adapted for use as a private residence.
The palace interiors are furnished and fully equipped with elegant, stylish furniture, beautiful dinnerware, elegant silverware. 
Idelane for private company headquarters, pensions, hotel with spa. 

Invited.